For general public:
Sunday through Thursday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm,
and on Saturday from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Fridays are off.
For school visits:
Sunday through Thursday: 9:00–11:00 am.
||University Students and Senior Citizens
- Admission into the Main Reading Area is restricted to ages 16 and above.
- Children under 6 are not permitted in the Library. They can stay at the on-site daycare facility, located behind the Conference Center, provided they are accompanied by a parent.
- Youth aged 6–16 are not permitted in the Main Reading Area unless with a tour group.
- The Children’s Library and Young People’s Library are open to non-members throughout the year except during the summer and mid-year vacations. During those periods, non-members can learn about the services provided by the two Libraries through a brief guided tour offered several times a day.
- Bags and other items are not allowed inside the Library and must be deposited at the safekeeping facility next to the ticket booths. However, wallets may be carried in all parts of the Library.
- Clothes, food, and beverages cannot be stored in the safekeeping facility.
- Food and drink are not allowed in any part of the Library. Smoking is also prohibited.
- Personal books are not allowed inside the Library.
- Tour guides who are not employed at the Library are not allowed to give tours, as the Library already provides guided tours in different languages.
- Photography is allowed everywhere inside the Library except in some exhibitions and museums.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or switched to silent mode inside the Library.Violators will be subject to a fine of EGP 10.
- The Library ticket includes admission to the Library, the permanent exhibitions, the Sadat Museum, and the Culturama. Tickets for just the Antiquities Museum or the Manuscripts Museum can be purchased from the booth located near the entrance of each museum.
- Admission to the Planetarium Science Center requires a separate ticket, which is available at the entrance of the Planetarium.
- The duration of a regular tour is about 30–45 minutes.
- Prior reservation is highly recommended on Saturdays.
- Prior reservation is also highly recommended for Spanish and German tours.
- All public areas are wheelchair accessible. The Reading Area is equipped with elevators and ramps on each floor to facilitate wheelchair movement. Wheel chairs are available at the Visits Reception Desk.