Applications deadline: 28 November 2018
The Center for Special Studies and Programs (CSSP) in collaboration with The World Academy of Sciences for the Advancement of Science in Developing Countries Arab Regional Partner (TWAS/AREP) organized Research Ethics Essentials: Conduct Your Research Responsibly workshop within the framework of the Young Scientists Training Program. The training was held on 18-20 December 2018 at the Main Building Third floating, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt.
The workshop aimed at providing a comprehensive approach on how to conduct the research responsibly. Over the workshop days, the participants learned in an interactive sessions the main issues facing researchers while conducting their research, to enable them produce quality responsible research that matches the international standards.
The workshop provided an over view on:
- Principles of Ethical Research
- Research With Dual Use Potentials
- Animal Use in Research
- Authorship Criteria and Authorship Conflicts
- Conflict of Interest; Managing Competing Interests
- Plagiarism; Data Fabrication and Falsification
- Collaborative Research
- Arab Researcher (Master/ PhD Students and PhD holder)
- Under the age of 40
- Engaged in conducting Life Sciences Research
Applicants should register online and upload to their application their updated CVs including their list of publications- if any, as well as a motivation statement (no more than 500 words) all in one file.
Application is now closed
- CV should not exceed 5 pages including list of publications if available.
- Motivation statement with more than 500 words will not be considered. (All must be uploaded as one file)
- Only complete applications are considered.
Selected applicants will be committed to attend the entire workshop
For any inquiry, please contact:
Ms. Heba Elgamal
Researchers' Support and Development Unit
Center for Special Studies & Programs (CSSP)
Tel: +(203) 4839999; Ext: 6145